A technical interview is a type of interview that you are specifically applying for a specific role. Technical interviews are one's which are applied for a technical job like IT, Engineering or a specialist graduate science job. The candidate is likely to asked about the technical aspects pertaining to the skills related to the job. The job description would have certain skills mentioned as mandatory requirements with few of them as desirable.
Depending on the job you're interviewing for you will be asked questions and judged on answers given on particular skills, experience(If the job requires), competencies, certifications, language, systems and applications that match the job requirements. You should be be prepared beforehand to share examples of how you used your skills while doing the job for which you're being interviewed.
It is important to go through the qualification for the job and the job description. This will make it easy for the job seeker to respond in the interview and come out with correct answers. This also gives a chance for you to get a hang on what the job is all about and what kind of questions you can expect, so that you can prepare for them.
Before you start preparing and head out to the job interview, prepare a the list of potential questions and make sure that you're prepared with correct and appropriate answers. Do as much research and take advice from industry experts to zero in on correct answers. Here is a list of the top technical interview questions that are most often asked by tech employers and recruiters.
Top 50 Technical Interview Questions
1. What are your technical certifications?
2. What development tools have you used?
3. What languages have you programmed in?
4. What do you do to maintain your technical certifications?
5. What source control tools have you used?
6. How did your education help prepare you for this job?
7. What are your IT strengths and weaknesses?
8. How would you rate your key competencies for this job?
9. Tell me about the most recent project you worked on. What were your responsibilities?
10. From the job description, what do you make out of the daily activities you would be doing?
11. What challenges do you think you might expect in this job if you were hired?
12. How important is it to work directly with your business users?
13. What elements are necessary for a successful team and why?
14. Tell me about the project you are most proud of, and what your contribution was.
15. Describe your production deployment process.
16. Give an example of where you have applied your technical knowledge in a practical way.
17. How did you manage source control?
18. What did you do to ensure quality in your deliverables?
19. What percentage of your time do you spend unit testing?
20. What do you expect in the solution documents you are provided?
21. Describe a time when you were able to improve upon the design that was originally suggested.
22. How much reuse do you get out of the code that you develop, and how?
23. Which do you prefer; service oriented or batch oriented solutions?
24. When is the last time you downloaded a utility from the internet to make your work more productive, and what was it?
25. What have you done to ensure consistency across unit, quality, and production environments?
26. Describe the elements of an in tier architecture and their appropriate use.
27. Compare and contrast REST and SOAP web services.
28. Define authentication and authorization and the tools that are used to support them in enterprise deployments.
29. What is ETL and when should it be used?
30. You have been asked to research a new business tool. You have come across two solutions. One is an on-premises solution, the other is cloud-based. Assuming they are functionally equivalent, would you recommend one over the other, and why?
31. What do you do to ensure you provide accurate project estimates?
32. What technical websites do you follow?
33. Have you used Visual Studio?
34. Have you used Eclipse?
35. What is a SAN, and how is it used?
36. What is clustering, and describe its use.
37. What is the role of the DMZ in network architecture?
38. How do you enforce relational integrity in database design?
39. When is it appropriate to denormalize database design?What is the difference between OLAP and OLTP? When is each used?
40. You have learned that a business unit is managing a major component of the business using Excel spreadsheets and Access databases.
41. What risks does this present, and what would you recommend be done to mitigate those risks?
42. What automated-build tools or processes have you used?
43. What is the role of continuous integration systems in the automated-build process?
44. Describe the difference between optimistic and pessimistic locking.
45. In databases, what is the difference between a delete statement and a truncate statement?
46. What are transaction logs, and how are they used?
47. What are the most important database performance metrics, and how do you monitor them?
48. What is the role of SNMP?
49. What is a cross site scripting attack, and how do you defend against it?
50. In network security, what is a honey pot, and why is it used?
Was this useful?
If yes, we do have a lot more to career advice to share with you. We, Radiant Systems is a leading IT consultancy and recruitment company providing staffing services. We are spread across the US, UK, Canada, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland etc,.
If you are looking for a job opportunity or would like to refer candidates or friends please submit resume by clicking here. We are offering referral and earn program as well, by which you can refer your friend earn money. please check the our company profile to more.